I am currently restoring and converting to electric a 1967 Mercury Cougar with the various stuff I've made, found, already owned, traded, or purchased on Ebay, Craig's list, or wherever. There is a story behind every inch of this Bad Cat.
I finished the repair on the cowls today. I have a couple small areas beneath the rear seat that need to be replaced, so I'll do that next and then it's on to the rear quarter panels.
Until then, here are some pictures:
Having coated this area with epoxy I feel confident that no water can get through. Sorry about the picture quality..
This is the outer cowl panel. I stripped off the paint, straightened some minor dents and started welding it back in place. I actually finished the welding today and ground them flush. Once they were smooth I coated the entire seam with epoxy. This should keep out all the water and dirt.